The 10th annual explosively exciting, diversely spectacular Fringe Festival of 2018 visits Edinburgh once again for another year of extraordinary entertainment. It will unfold in colour at the Appleton Tower and opens from the 30th of July, with most shows starting from the 3rd of August all the way up to the 27th of August of this year.
Helping to nudge this year’s festival to the next level of fabulous, is the 65 different fantastic organizations that made it all possible.
Fringe Festival welcomes an amazing 125 free development events to its show stopping shores. These events include debates and exploratory panel discussions, with topics such as female representation, access and equality, as well as health and wellbeing.
The official welcome address will be given by none other than writer and comedian, Deborah Frances-White, on Friday the 3rd of August, where the doors to the Festival of the fantastic, open in their glorious wonderment and theatrical splendour.
Deborah Frances-White describes the festival perfectly in her quote:
“The Fringe is an adventure playground of ideas, a marvelous meshing of minds and the largest, most animated anthology of the human spirit and self-expression in the world.”
You can look forward to a wonderful and diverse calendar of events this year, these include music shows and band performances, burlesque displays, magic shows, plays, comedic interludes, tributes, cabarets and more.
Some exciting names to keep in mind when booking your tickets include:
- Elliot Bibbly-The Magician.
- Country Singer Kelly Willis and Edinburgh band, The Wynnton Marshals (performing at The Voodoo Rooms)
- Giant Sand will be performing from the ‘Valley of Rain’ album along with Patsy Rats at Oran Mor.
- Mario Biondi’s incomparable musical sound is returning to The Voodoo Rooms as well as at Oran Mor
- The Dylan project (also performing at The Voodoo Rooms)
- The Edinburgh Blues Club welcomes Rob Tognoni and Andrew Robert Eustace to their musical space.
These performances are just a drop in the ocean of entertainment that Fringe Festival promises to offer in Edinburgh this late July.
Come and be part of the colour and vibrancy that lights up across Edinburgh this Fringe Festival.
SAA, happy to get you to an adventure of entertainment ‘musts.’
Click on flysaa.com and book your flight to London from R11 189. Ts and Cs apply.